Whether you’re starting a new business, moving to new premises or expanding your business services nationwide, it takes planning and know-how to get the ideal business premises set up, on time and within budget.
Here we cover what you should consider when planning a move into new business premises, along with resources you can use to ensure that your business gets up and running as soon as possible.
Determining your office space needs
Depending on the size of your business, you may opt to buy or lease existing commercial premises, or even build your own. Key elements to consider when choosing office space are location, accessibility and size. Ideally, you’ll want aesthetically pleasing premises that are easy to access and located close to both public transport and your intended market.
To determine how much space you need, ask questions such as:
- Is consultation space required for my clients?
- Are dedicated meeting rooms or conference rooms a prerequisite, or can staff meetings be held elsewhere?
- Do all employees require their own offices and desks?
- Does all documentation have to be stored onsite, or can it be digitally preserved or moved to affordable self-storage facilities?
- Do we need kitchen facilities and a cafeteria, or just space for coffee and tea?
Once you’ve identified your spatial requirements, you can recruit the services of a reputable commercial property agent to help you locate premises that suit your needs. Alternatively, if you’re considering building or extensively renovating a property, contact a firm of architects that specialises in industrial or commercial building contracts.
Setting up your IT network
Information technology is the backbone of most businesses, big and small. Setting up a fast and functional IT network is no easy task. Cabling, the right hardware and software, system and data security, e-mail and systems maintenance are all standard business tools that have to be in place for your business to succeed.
You can power up your business in a flash by enlisting professional IT service providers to set up integrated technological solutions and services.
Relocating a business
When relocating your business, you can use a moving company to move all your furniture, bulk filing solutions, hardware and documentation to the new premises. Alternatively, opt for a specialist business relocation service.
Although a professional relocation service may be slightly more expensive, it’s a one-stop solution that covers all aspects of the move. Services typically include:
- a comprehensive site survey and relocation quote
- dedicated and experienced staff trained in the interpretation of office layouts
- the assembly and placement of office furniture and screen partitioning
- a qualified onsite project manager
- the supply of packaging materials, equipment containers, trolleys and motor vehicles
- relocation of bulk mobile filing units, safes, hardware and equipment.
If you need to furnish new premises, it’s worth making use of expert furniture installation services. You get to choose the office furniture, and a highly trained installations team will deliver it and set it up in the work area in the most practical, efficient and attractive way possible.
Benefits associated with a professional installation are that you’ll have a single point of contact, which provides continuity and accountability, as well as minimal disruption to your business and the services of properly trained installations staff.
Now that you know the ins and outs of relocating your business, start planning your next move right now so that your business can realise its full potential!